[aprssig] UZ7HO Soundcard Modem

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Fri Dec 30 11:47:42 EST 2011

Op 30-12-2011 17:34, kb2scs at optonline.net schreef:
> Hi All
>            Due to the name of UZ7HO Soundcard software
> "Sound Modem"
> Here is a stupid question.
> The Software is a modem and not a packet engine correct?
> In other words in order to do connected packet with it one would have
> to write the full AX25 protocol in their packet program.
>
> The packet program would have to handle all the different
> AX25 packets such as SABM for example.
>
> On the other hand I have heard that UZ7HO's Soundcard Modem
> is a direct replacement for AGWPE.
>
> Confused.
> Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
> 73 DE John KB2SCS

UZ7HO's soundmodem is a limited replacement of agwpe but the part it
replaces is very good, the limitation is no suport for external modems,
only the soundcard modems.
as for the interface it is fully compatable with agwpe so you can work
both in stream mode and direct mode, for aprs you will need the direct mode.

73 Andre PE1RDW