[aprssig] !x!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Dec 30 11:38:43 EST 2011

Thanks for the link.  Since APRSISCE/32 doesn't "archive" then I'm
thinking it doesn't apply to me.  Or is it supposed to be "don't archive
or display"?

An interesting conundrum is whether or not the archival sites are
expected to remember the !x! from a beacon and suppress recording
messages as well, or if it must appear in each and every packet?  And if
you're expected to remember it, doesn't that mean that you're archiving
some information about station that has requested to not be archived?
Gotta love/hate ambiguities.