[aprssig] UZ7HO Soundcard Modem

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Fri Dec 30 11:34:17 EST 2011

Hi All
          Due to the name of UZ7HO Soundcard software
"Sound Modem"
Here is a stupid question.
The Software is a modem and not a packet engine correct?
In other words in order to do connected packet with it one would have
to write the full AX25 protocol in their packet program.

The packet program would have to handle all the different
AX25 packets such as SABM for example.

On the other hand I have heard that UZ7HO's Soundcard Modem
is a direct replacement for AGWPE.

Confused.
Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John KB2SCS
           Packet:        KB2SCS at WA2PNU,#NLI.NY.USA.NOAM
           E-Mail:         kb2scs at arrl.net
           Web Page:  http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs