[aprssig] OT: Yaesu to release digital amateur radio gear

Dave dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 28 06:49:25 EST 2011

More incompatability, and an excuse to keep commercial production lines
busy with kit now destined for the Ham market.   If the decoder DSP
firmware was selectable and flashable by the USER, maybe a good idea.
Else, more expensive landfill.

Why doenst the Amateur world look at something such as Speax codec's and
the like.  More than good enough audio quality, and low bit rates.  Let's
advance our own camp, not get in the pockets (again) of the big makers.

Rant mode off.

73.

Dave G0WBX.