[aprssig] MGATES for IS-Mobiles

Eric Hansen skyssx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 16:53:17 EST 2011

>On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists <hamlists at ametx.com> >wrote:
>As I pointed out earlier, there is NO difference between someone running their >smartphone app in their phone holder and someone running an Internet client that is >unattended.

There is no difference in someone remoting into their HF radio station
while on vacation in Tahiti and pushing out position reports from a
smartphone through the APRS-IS. Both are amateur radio when conducted
by a licensed radio amateur as they can result in transmission of RF
on amateur radio bands.

>If they make the conscious decision to go Internet only, they make the conscious >decision that they will only be seen on RF if they communicate with someone on RF.  It >is a simple concept and one that should be grasped by any licensed amateur radio >operator.
>
> 73,
>
> Pete Loveall AE5PL
> pete at ae5pl dot net

Why do you feel this should be?