[aprssig] Interesting Preliminary Findings on Soundcard "Soft TNC" Shootout

Sander Pool sander_pool at pobox.com
Mon Dec 26 15:24:09 EST 2011

Thanks Stephen for running this test and sending such a thorough report
on it! I see you already have an extensive web site and I hope you'll
post your report there for posterity.

It is my intent to set up an igate running an old XP box I have laying
around and was hoping to use UZ7HO modem which in casual tests seemed to
work fine. Your data gives me hope that this may actually work and could
allow low-cost igates to be deployed rather easily. TNCs aren't very
expensive but compared to a free PC and even a new radio it's a
significant cost increase.

73,

     Sander W1SOP