[aprssig] Interesting Preliminary Findings on Soundcard "Soft TNC" Shootout

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 15:06:08 EST 2011

--- Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> wrote:
> The critical "all or nothing"  threshold appears to be
> when the soft hiss ...starts giving way to the "popcorn" noise.

To which Stephen H. Noskowicz comments that:

You may alreaqdy know that this popcorn noise is where the noise excursions (summed onto the signal) are large enough to either cause a cycle wrap, or at least exceed the phase detection capability of the demodulator, thus causing a larger than usual jump, if I recall correctly.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI