[aprssig] Why Not "Gate in Vicinity" (phones)

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Mon Dec 26 15:03:16 EST 2011

I would agree but there is already a way around it, for aplications like
this a axudp based network instead of a text based network does work,
the igate just acts like a xband digipeater, they all connect to one or
more others just like on aprs-is and dupechecking keeps the chaos under
controll, digipeaters can digipeat unaltered paths without setting has
been digied bits back to other gate digipeaters and only digipeats to 2
meter where the next digicall is theirs.
The clients for this system will just have to select the nearest
digipeater for the path.

probably could program digined on linux to do this in one evening maybe
even one hour.

73 Andre PE1RDW