[aprssig] Why Not "Gate in Vicinity"

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Dec 22 21:49:24 EST 2011

On 12/22/2011 9:29 PM, Lee Bengston wrote:
> I don't understand why some of the software out there can't
> do that (along with the other associated rules).

Personal philosophy: Software can do anything and is only limited by the
imagination and skill of the programmer.  If the programmer didn't think
of it, the software won't do it.

APRSISCE/32 doesn't do arbitrary IS to RF gating yet because I'm still
working out the algorithm so that a) it is difficult to mis-configure to
the detriment of the local RF environment, b) It is flexible enough to
do whatever might be considered useful, and c) it doesn't take a rocket
scientist to figure out how to configure it properly to a given desired
effect.