[aprssig] What is Generating These Packets

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:29:23 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists
<hamlists at ametx.com> wrote:
> From what you show, it appears APRX has multiple issues (showing qAR for self-generated packets, using APRSIS as a "from" station instead of the login, using RXTLM-SSID instead of APRXnn for the TOCALL, using TCPIP instead of TCPIP* in the path).  I am not a user of that software nor do I wish to join their group to post but if a group member monitors this list, they might want to let the author(s) know about these issues.

I have tried that software before, so I'm a member of the group.  I
posted the concerns there, so hopefully they will get to the author.
That reminds me that when I was using it noticed that there was
evidently not a way to shut off those telemetry messages into the IS.

Lee - K5DAT