[aprssig] ATTN: European Hams -- Get Set To Monitor K6RPT-11 APRS Balloon!

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Mon Dec 12 23:13:51 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> wrote:
> The K6RPT balloons launched from California late Sunday afternoon local time
> (about 0100 UTC Monday) have far exceeded expectations.  K6RPT-12 landed
> Monday afternoon near Indianapolis, Indiana.

Does anybody know if arrangements have been made to recover -12? Do
they usually ask local hams to recover the payloads?

If the APRS beacon is accurate it's 23 miles from my home QTH in
Bloomington, Indiana. There is a large ham community here and I'm sure
someone would be willing to pick it up if that's needed. Unfortunately
I have to work tomorrow, but I could contact some other local hams at
first light.

Kevin
KB9MQU