[aprssig] Identifying priority messages

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:16:22 EST 2011

Greetings, all.

Back at the 2011 DCC, I vaguely remember Bob talking about a way to flag non-MicE priority messages, possibly by lower-casing the quadrant letters (NSEW) in lat/lon values in position messages. Was this indeed Bob's statement, or was my brain melting down by then from too many seminars?

I tried implementing that, and have been getting occasional "priority" messages that don't look very priority. So, is this:

A) a code bug and/or delerium on my part,

B) a code bug on the sending station's part,

C) RF garbling of messages, or

D) possible evidence that this priority-flagging idea may not work because of pre-existing conflicting implementations?

I will be attempting to collect samples of those messages again for further analysis.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO