[aprssig] APRS talk in Los Alamos?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:29:00 EDT 2011

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 01:10:21PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <bruninga at usna.edu> flavor, containing:
>>
>> If this fixes it, then our goal would be to get ALL such OLD KPC-3's to have
>> a BEACON that says something like: "Use W2-2."  Especiall in an area whre
>> most of the TNC's have this problem?
>
> The recommendation to use W2-2 is in fact on the web page of the club that
> maintains the digis (www.urfmsi.org).  I agree that it would be a good idea
> for those digis to have some kind of standard beacon that would be
> easily recognized by users.  What format and means do you suggest?

Please don't beacon "Use W2-2"...  People will enter exactly that on non-Kenwood rigs or S/W and create a mess.  Spell it out:  Beacon "Use WIDE2-2" for those areas.

This is probably a case of "what you meant", not "what you said", but I want to be sure there's no misunderstanding when it gets to the user base.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS:  Where it's at!        http://www.xastir.org