[aprssig] advice on purchesing GPS for use with D-710

Allen, Richard Richard.Allen at garmin.com
Mon Aug 29 10:15:02 EDT 2011

Montana: has NMEA hidden in the USB connector with https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=26668, or use https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=89575 if you want to attach it somewhere. I have this on a motorcycle but haven't run the wires to my TH-D7A yet.

Oregon: has NMEA hidden in the USB connector with https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=26668 or https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1169

GPSMap62: has NMEA hidden in the USB connector with https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=26668

GPSMap78: has a big round NMEA serial port, here's the pigtail https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=519

All of the above units will receive NMEA waypoints and plot them on the map, and there are probably a few more.

-KD0LIX