[aprssig] VHF Mountain-toppers Unite!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Aug 14 14:45:36 EDT 2011

>> 1) Single-op rovers are not allowed to use a
>> digipeating path to extend their visibility,
>> nor to digipeat others.

> Why are single-op stations not to use a digi path?
> I assume completely separate radios/frequencies
> are used for scoring in the actual contest, so
> what's the problem?

That's how Ev Tupis explained it to me, since he went through battles with the contesters before with his Propnet and now HamIM interests.  The ARRL considers getting information about where others are located via a network to be cheating (for single op stations)..  Apparently for multi-ops stations, you acn even use the internet...

Bob, Wb4APR