[aprssig] VHF Mountain-toppers Unite!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Aug 14 14:43:11 EDT 2011

On 8/14/2011 2:30 PM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> Why are single-op stations not to use a digi path?    I assume
> completely separate radios/frequencies are used for scoring in the
> actual contest, so what's the problem?

I'm guessing here that it has something to do with "self-spotting" or
"spotter assistance"?   A multi-op station is allowed to have assistance
in locating spots.  A single op station is expected to do it all alone,
which would imply no digipeating?

> WA8LMF,   who no longer has any real mountains available as I am
> living in MI rather than CA..........

PS.   And I just discovered that I'll be in the NC mountains near the AT
for a wedding on September 10!  Now, to see how much gear I can pack
along and how to slip away in the afternoon without being missed....