[aprssig] VFO Reset WAS: Curious -bogus packets

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 17:45:53 EDT 2010

--- Stephen H. Smith  wrote:
> ...recover from lockups and generally flaky behavior in
> D700s by using the "VFO Reset" function.   ...
>    then load a PM ...
>   I've done it many many times to recover from
> laptop-crash-induced or USB<-->serial-dongle-induced  lockups on the
> Interstate at 70 MPH!

To be sure.

You have cleared an "OPENING TNC" lockup with a VFO RESET?

Since it is cleard now I can't try it, but in that condition, many buttons are inhibited - but I don't know if the menus are accessable or not.

I don't know what induced it in the first place.

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)