[aprssig] Digital repeater Objects

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 28 14:04:03 EDT 2010

> Oh yea!  Duh!   ... But those with frequency do risk a
> world-wide collision, right?  Therefore freq for a name ain't
> such a good idea after all.  I was thinking of the user
> seeing the freq on the display...like on your locakl info
page...

Not sure of the wording above, but YES, the intent is to have
the FREQ show up in the STATION List. You just have to be
inventive in finding a unique "xyz" string in the 9 byte name
FFF.FFxyz...  If is a 5 Khz repeater, then you only have "yz" to
play with...

Good news is that if you are first with a given combo, then
everyone else has to avoid y ou...

Bob
WB4APR