[aprssig] Xastir v2.0.0 has been released

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:30:40 EDT 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Cap Pennell wrote:

>> So, one last question (while I've got you reading...)
>>
>> I forget what the rest of the proper settings are for a bi-directional
>> iGate (not a digi), specifically what the settings for Path 1, 2, 3 and
>> iGate->RF.
>
> Don't need any (digi)Path, no digipeaters.  That lets your neighbors IGates
> handle _the other_ side of the mountain.  Bridge _Only_ Messages from inet
> to RF.  Messages only.

Might be good where there are plenty of igates.  If there are not,
put in "WIDE2-1" for the Igate->RF field to get out one hop for
messages/ACK's/NAK's.  The IGATE path is used only when igating to
RF.

Set "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1" for PATH 1.  Or perhaps "WIDE2-2".  You can
leave Path 2 and 3 empty.  Xastir will round-robin per transmission
among any filled-in entries for the three paths for your own posits.