[aprssig] Info about Kantronics KPC-3+

Guido Tedeschi guidoted at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 12:44:15 EDT 2010

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
I explain our needs: for an EmComm project, we are building a network of
APRS digipeaters to cover most of our province.
As stand-alone only digipeaters, we are using TNC2 (original TAPR, GLB
clone, Tiny and YT3MV version) with UI-Digi 1.9B3 and we are very
satisfied on how they work; but, in some sites, we will have WiFi links
with Internet capability and a PC: in those sites, it would be very nice
to have a "bullet proof" digipeater, that can continue its digi work
even if PC has problems, and an I-Gate that runs on PC (the PC will be
remotely controlled also to activate an Echolink node or other stuffs...).
This is the reason why we need a rugged TNC that can work, at the same
time, as WIDEn-N digipeater and KISS TNC.
I think that the version 2 of Open Tracker 2 will be our choice.
73 and thanks again
Guido, ik2bcp