[aprssig] Internet query over APRS

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 22 01:22:47 EDT 2010

Ok, this looks like some useful software, but I'm not having success getting it loaded.  Can anyone help?

I have an HP iPAQ hw6945, which runs Win Mobile 5.  I downloaded the APRSGoBigCab.CAB file, and started installing.  At the end of the install it popped up an error box from MultiCab.exe saying that the file MultiCab cannot be opened, being either not properly signed or one of its components can't be located.  Closing the dialog box ends the install, claiming success.  I'm installing this on my Storage Card, and there is plenty of space available.  There is no evidence of going through 5 CAB installs.  Should there be?

I also installed the APRS-Go-v103.cab file, and that went fine.  But when I run it, I get an error for a missing method exception for System.Data.SqlServerCe, presumably related to the earlier error.

I tried following the Alternate instructions and got basically nowhere.  I believe that I already have the .NET framework installed (needed for another application); not sure about SQP Server.  MSI file type is a mystery to me.

What do I do next?

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH