[aprssig] From cross_country_wireless group -- Testing two way APRS-IS to HF messaging

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 17:56:19 EDT 2010

  Reposted from Cross-Country-Wireless (APRS Messenger) Yahoo group, since
anything that feeds into or out-of the APRS-IS may be of general interest.
Originally posted by      Chris Moulding  [Author of APRS Messenger
APRS-over-PSK63  program]

"I'm testing the next version of APRS Messenger.

This version will have two way APRS-IS messaging as an option for Igate
stations. This will allow remote HF stations to send and receive APRS messages
and Acks through a HF Igate to any other APRS station connected to the APRS-IS
worldwide.

It all appears to work OK and I'll be testing it over the next few days to see
if there are any bugs.

To shorten the HF packets the toCall, digis and TCP/IP information is stripped
from the APRS-IS packets and replaced with a APSK99 toCall.

If any one wants to try it out before I release it let me know and I'll email a
copy out.

73,

Chris, G4HYG"