[aprssig] THOUGHTS ON RELIEVING APRS CONGESTION ON 144.39

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Nov 20 08:32:15 EST 2010

> In East Tennessee, we found that our problem
> was too many packets from outside of the area.
> Here's ... how we addressed this situation...

[limit wide area mountain top digis to 1 hop]

Yes!  You nailed it.

And because of your reminder, I'm going back to my aprs.org diagram and change it to only support one-hop on all inputs.  That is what I was thinking, but for simplicity I put down WIDEn-N.  Ill change that to WIDE1-1 or WIDE2-2.

Afterall, if this is at a super site, worth all the effort to add alternate inputs, then it certainly covers a wide area...

Bob, WB4APR