[aprssig] Remote programming a KPC3+ via RF

Clay Melhorn n9io at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 02:12:28 EDT 2010

First of all,
Thanks to Ralph and Neville for your response.
I have some reading to do on the MFJ-1278 tnc as it does not have dip switches to set baud rates and the like
but the mfj-1278 works fine in UIView so KISS mode works apparently,
>>but as Neville sugests it will not go from command to talk automatically.<<
That is the problem.
One big red flag went up, I found that mycall had reverted to NOCALL on the mfj-1278, hmmm...
Looks like everything must have reset to default.

I got PO'd and pulled out my good old PK-80 with the MFJ tnc-2 chip in it, worked like a champ!

Thanks again for responding guys, I appreciate the help.

Now, next question is are there any mfj-1278 guys here that can explain why it's stuck in command mode?

Thanks again in advance.
73'

Clay N9IO