[aprssig] d-700 and icons

James Jolin jjolin at itol.com
Mon Nov 1 12:18:32 EDT 2010

  On 11/1/2010 9:09 AM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
> Bob WB4APR wrote...
>
>> The rate is supposed to be every 10 mintes direct...
>
> Right. I can't tell if WA9ARB is doing that, but isn't making it to an
> IGate, or if he is really beaconing infrequently. As far as his objects
> being useful, perhaps he could send them every 10 minutes, but
> either direct, or with one hop at the most.
>
>> Yes! That is the way it is supposed to be for IRLP and Echolink
>> objects. The IRLP/ECHOLINK node number is the object name and
>> the freq is in the comment. I hope that comes across in the docs..,
>>  www.aprs.org/localinfo.html
>
> It's a bit difficult to tell. It seems to be a mixed message. Perhaps we
> should abandon using the frequency for the object name and use the
> repeater callsign instead. This would standardize on having the frequency
> in the comment. That way the object names would be unique.
>
> See my previous post for the objects generated by WA9ARB. Any idea
> why they wouldn't show up on a D700?
>
> 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
> --
Keith, Bob, et al
Will answer some questions...No I don't use Xastir and Ui-View at the
same time..One transmits and one listens so I can see what's going on.
I have been using the defaults in Ui-View and Xastir for the paths.  It
appears that the paths in both clients are tied to the station
beacons....can't seem to set them separately.
The next thing is that this morning I saw a d-star object on the
d-700....that's not supposed to be supported (according to the manual).
Hope this helps a little.
73, Jim WA9ARB