[aprssig] new IGate software

ke5c at hot.rr.com ke5c at hot.rr.com
Sat May 29 13:07:47 EDT 2010

> > Has anyone built this successfully on Fedora?  I seem
> > to have a problem with the wxwidgets libs which seem to be
> > present.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> > 73--John

> What is the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  Using "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH"  will return that value which may be a hint to the problem.

> Additionally, I haven't used wxWidgets but you may want to make sure you also have the development files for it installed if they are set up as a separate package (many libraries separate themselves into runtime packages and development packages).

Thanks.  $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, and I found many postings from Fedora 6 and later about why you should not set it.  I don't understand much of the gcc/linux build world, but apparently current convention disfavors (static?) linking by setting $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  That it is required is further apparently due to the way the make was set up for aprsg, and I'm just not curious enough to pursue it to resolution.  Thanks to all who replied.

73--John