[aprssig] APRStt sends Radiograms

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 27 17:10:19 EDT 2010

I just updated the list of APRS (arrl) radiograms so that they
can be easily sent by scouts at Jamboree using ANY HT or radio
with DTMF.

The format is

C2775*##* followed by your pre-loaded DTMF callsign.

The "C" means a message or text
The 2775 is just ARRL spelled in digits
The *##* is where you put the two digit ARRL message number

The list of APRS radio grams:
http://aprs.org/aprstt/aprsttARRL.txt

Unfortunatley, you cannot address it to a specific recepient,
but since it is an APRS message, it will be captured on all of
the various APRS web pages where loved ones or other interested
parties can check on your messages.

This capability can exist at any venu with APRStt.  The
APRSspeak version that was demonstrated at Dayon has not yet
been released for general use, but we hope it gets finished for
Jamboree before this July.

Bob, WB4APR