[aprssig] new IGate software

Tapio Aaltonen oh2gve at pakettiradio.net
Wed May 26 16:39:26 EDT 2010

On 26.05.2010 00:50:33, ke5c at hot.rr.com wrote:
> Has anyone built this successfully on Fedora?  I seem to have a problem with the wxwidgets libs which seem to be present.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  73--John

I quickly installed Fedora 13 to see if I can find something out. It seems
that package called something like wxbase-devel would be needed to compile
aprsg. Unfortunately I was unable to find such package, and as I'm not
familiar with Fedora, I don't know where to get one. Or then it may just be,
that it is not possible to compile code on Fedora using only wxbase.

Luckily I was able to device a workaround by using GUI version of the
library instead. Aprsg seemed to compile just fine, when I did the following
steps:

1. Install package called wxgtk-devel.
2. Adjust configure.ac of aprsg. Look for line #17 or so which says

AM_PATH_WXCONFIG($reqwx, wxWin=1, , [base,net], [--toolkit=base])

and replace it with

AM_PATH_WXCONFIG($reqwx, wxWin=1, , [base,net], )

3. Then compile with one additional command to take the new configure.ac
into account:

autoreconf -isv
./configure
make

This seemed to work for me, but I can't guarantee anything. Hope this helps
though.

73 de OH2GVE

--
Tapio Aaltonen