[aprssig] Beta-quality APRS device statistics

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Thu May 20 01:21:15 EDT 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:

> http://aprs.fi/doc/DeviceID-2010-05-11-17.txt

I've re-ran the statistics now. Detections for PSKmail, APRS Messenger,
BeeLine GPS and APRSIS32 were added, and the detection rate went from 85.4
to 85.6.

The numbers for less popular versions are not very big, but as software
authors, please notice that these numbers are for a single week. There are
plenty of users who are using your software, just not every week, but
every month or two. I can re-run the numbers over a month of data later (I
don't have the raw packets, needed for this analysis, collected for such a
long period - yet).

   - Hessu