[aprssig] Beta-quality APRS device statistics

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 19 12:24:14 EDT 2010

> Subject: [aprssig] Beta-quality APRS device statistics
>
> I wonder if this has been done before?
> APRS device / software popularity
> over 7 days (11th to 17th May, 2010):
>
> http://aprs.fi/doc/DeviceID-2010-05-11-17.txt

The biggest problem are the Byonics TinyTrack's that use the
same TYPE identifier as the Kenwood D700.  SO this completely
messes up those two statistics.  I think he has corrected this
in the TT4.

And the real problem is that the D700 is two-way message capable
and so you see all those "D700's" out there and try to send them
a message and turns out, they are probably a TT3 one-way tracker
and they will never get the message.

Argh...

Bob, Wb4APR