[aprssig] Invalid object

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Mar 29 07:21:54 EDT 2010

Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

> Why all the spaces after the object name and before the coordinates?

AA3NJ>APGO01,NV4FM-5*,N3KTX-1,qAS,KB2CEV:
;MDEVNT1  *       3911.13N\07640.30W!
Action Event @ I-195 EAST/WEST SOUTH OF MD

Object names must be 9 characters, or padded with spaces... e.g. the object
name above is "MDEVNT1  ".  The asterisk indicates that it's a live object.
However, the time stamp appears to be missing. There do seem to be seven
spaces there which is the number of characters used by the time stamp. The
spec does indicate "an object always has a time stamp" so the time appears
to be missing.

Looking back to the original message from Rob AA3NJ he was asking
why his objects were marked as "invalid object". I would  be willing to
bet this was because of the missing stamps.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH