[aprssig] APRN status?

david Vanhorn kc6ete at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 13:25:35 EDT 2010

Been there, done that.

Back in 98 or so (whatever year the ken-cam came out) I used that to snag two tornadoes in real time, sent the pix to our eoc, and they emailed them to nws on arrival.

I think you could take the human out of the loop, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
On Mar 26, 2010 11:01, Lee Mushel <herbert3 at centurytel.net> wrote:

Gentlemen:

I know nothing about the subject and would
appreciate some "link direction" help.    A week ago I was in a
National Weather Service office and I asked them if any of the supporting hams
(I know that they do help out during Weather Spotting Need" has mentioned SSTV
in addition to the small amount of APRS and auto WX reporting that I know is
done.   They told me that SSTV had never been brought up and they knew
nothing about it.   From some past years experience I know that the
word descriptions given by Spotters can be confusing and I would like to know if
we can send images in addition to the verbal reports in times of
confusion.

73

Lee   K9WRU