[aprssig] APRN status?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Mar 25 20:07:55 EDT 2010

I'd never heard of APRN but found the following 2 links active on the web.

http://www.aprs.org/aprn.html and http://www.cave.org/aprs/aprn.html

On a related note, does anyone know if any work was ever done with AVS,
the APRS Vision System?

http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/vision.html

I'm considering attempting to build this into my APRSISCE/32 client
since many of the Windows Mobile platforms have a built-in camera.  What
would be cooler than snapping a picture and sending it immediately out
via APRS.  If I do that, I'd also be setting up a web server that
monitors APRS-IS for such images and immediately posts them for viewing.