[aprssig] APRN status?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Mar 25 19:03:05 EDT 2010

Is APRN still around?  Are there any stations monitoring 2 meters for
SSTV in Southern California?

We should have the N1VG-11 balloon payload back next week, and I'm
thinking of grafting a camera onto it and setting it up for periodic
SSTV transmissions in Robot 36 mode.  It'll only add a few grams of
weight - might stress the transmitter PA a bit, but I think it'll be OK.

If no one's listening, can someone suggest a good Az/El rotor and
antenna setup with RS-232 control and a documented interface protocol?
Sounds like a good excuse to buy some new toys.

Scott
N1VG