[aprssig] High Altitude GPS needed ASAP

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Mar 23 16:21:53 EDT 2010

Bob, let me check on that - I've had good communication with a new GPS
supplier.  My balloon launch this morning was to test one of their
modules with high-altitude firmware, but it looks like the payload froze
before it got very high.

And before anyone asks (again), yes, we overflew the airport, and yes,
we coordinated the launch with ATC.  Could have driven it outside of
class D airspace, but it's vastly easier to launch from a nice,
sheltered warehouse with a roll-up door.

Scott
N1VG