[aprssig] PSK63 APRS on 10m WAS:Using SSID's outside 0 to 15

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 10:11:26 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Randy Love <rlove31 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The US 10M beacon sub-band is 28.200 to 28.300. A current list (dated
> 2 Mar 2010!) is here:
> http://www.qsl.net/wj5o/bcn.htm
>
> The sub-band seem fairly full, but the frequency of 28.263 looks
> usable with only 2 beacons listed for it. One of them is in Texas but
> went QRT in '09. The other is in Spain.

Time to move it off the SSID's subject, since it's grown.. :)

On second thought, maybe we should be considering a 10m PSK63 APRS
frequency instead of a beacon frequency. The beaconing would be a
natural side effect of the APRS usage.

Ideas?  Possibly 28.163 or 28.063?  We'd get clobber on CW contest
weekends, but otherwise it's easy to remember.

Randy
WF5X