[aprssig] Using SSID's outside 0 to 15

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Mar 4 09:31:07 EST 2010

> Since that is the case, may I suggest that the
> SSID of -63 be designated the primary SSID for
> PSK63 stations? That should make it very easy
> to determine that they are on PSK63 whether via
> 30M or even 2m SSB for that matter.

I'm not following this too closely, but there is another
subtlety about messages.  And that is that any APRS message to
any callsign-SS should be captured by any station with the same
root callsign, but only the one with the matching SS will ACK.
This way the sender does not have to be concerned whether the
guy is in is car-9 or HT-7 or Home-0 and he has a good chance of
getting the message.

I donno if this helps what you are trying to do or not..

Bob, WB4APR