[aprssig] Using SSID's outside 0 to 15

kai.brandt at hjemme.no kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Thu Mar 4 07:03:39 EST 2010

>If this doesn't break anything, I think this would be useful to
>distinguish conventional AX25 30-meter packets from PSK63 30-meter
>packets on the APRS-IS.   [SSIDs 15 or below - conventional FSK AX25 --
>SSIDs higher than this PSK63]

>I am now receiving and processing (plotting on map of US and igating)
>both with my single 30-meter receiver.  On my UIview "Stations heard"
>list, currently you have to look at the destination address and find the
>ones going to "APSK63" to identify the PSK63 stations.

Ok but i think using this address is the best method and/or append some text in the statusfield.

If it's only one-way from HF to APRS-IS / V/UHF then it's probably ok.
But if you want to send a message to the HF station i think this is going to be more problematic.

Anyhow this is easy to change later when your software is finished.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA