[aprssig] APRS Messenger now has APRS over PSK-63

Bob Poortinga aprssig at k9sql.us
Mon Mar 1 20:38:45 EST 2010

>> Chris posted earlier that he has hard-coded the 14580 standard filter port
>> for the APRS-IS server connection.
>
> That's going to make using the UIview local server the way I described
> impossible since the main connection (public-facing side) of UIview is
> already using port 14580 for login to an Internet server.    I hope Chris
> will consider making this port changeable, perhaps through a .ini or other
> config file.

Are you sure that you understand how TCP server/client ports operate?
You can have multiple outbound connections to many different servers
that all use the same port.  Without this capability, your web browser
could only connect to one server at a time.  You can only have one
process listening on a given port, but that doesn't affect outbound
connections.

73 de
--
Bob Poortinga  K9SQL