[aprssig] aprs.fi KML export

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Sun Jun 27 15:53:27 EDT 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Scott Miller wrote:

> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I swear I've always been able to
> get KMLs for the last two days for my balloon tracks, but right now I'm only
> able to see a single point.

That part broke at some point. But, try this:

http://aprs.fi/export/

Requires an account/login, but it can export to KMZ (zip'ed KML + embedded
symbol graphics in the same file, for Google Earth), CSV (opens up nicely
in Excel, but seems to require some tricks in OpenOffice), JSON and XML
(for the programmers out there).

> We had two great launches yesterday, one easy recovery, and one epic off-road
> midnight recovery.  I'm trying to get 3D tracks for both flights and for the
> N1VG-6 and N1VG-8 chase vehicles.

Yeah, I really should make it export KML files with multiple targets at
the same time, and with timeline data.

   - Hessu