[aprssig] DoD EOC training

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 25 13:28:02 EDT 2010

I attended EOC training on our Navy Base today, and the team
that goes around all over the country to give this training was
impressed with our EOC having a ham radio postion and APRS
display.

The training team's canned Presentation included a bullet about
HAM radio and MARS as a great back-up system.  But he said ours
was the first where there was a dedicated console and someone
present for the training (out of 60 installations they have
trained).

He says he will update his slides to encourage base personnel to
contact local clubs, and to list the APRS web pages so they can
at least watch.

Anyway, if you have access to your base, and/or if there is a
club there, get in touch with security and see if you can help.

Bob, WB4APR