[aprssig] European 1750 question?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 18 12:35:19 EDT 2010

>>  But what about 1750?
>> Can we say that it now ALWAYS implies narrowband?
>
> Nope..Narrowband is quite rare. I believe it
> has been made compulsory in the UK and in
> Germany, everywhere else there can be narrowband
> machines but the default is wideband
> (3.5 kHz nominal/5.0 kHz peak).

OK, thanks.  It will just have to imply then the "default" for
the area in which that radio is operating.  Thanks...

Hummh actually, I guess we could substitute the letter lower
case "l" (an L) which would still be human readable as l750 but
would imply narrowband if we need the distinction in the future.

Bob, Wb4APR