[aprssig] European 1750 question?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 18 10:40:00 EDT 2010

In Europe (or anywhere else that whistle-up repeaters are
used)...

Are ALL of these 1750 repeaters now narrowband?  (meaning 2.5
KHz deviation or whatever is the European standard?).

Reason I ask, is that the APRS Freq Spec normally adds Txxx or
Dxxx or 1750 in a four byte field to indicate the type of
squelch.  But it also uses the FIRST letter to indicate wide or
narrow band operation.  SO in the USA, we use Txxx or Dxxx.  But
in narrowband countries they would be txxx or dxxx.  But what
about 1750?

Can we say that it now ALWAYS implies narrowband?

Thanks
Bob