[aprssig] Proper Frequency Formatting

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 17 23:23:38 EDT 2010

If I may kibitz...
> I ALWAYS set the spacing and character count
> to cater to the D700 / 710's 10,10,8 screen...

Greeat!

>   TI_146.94_I57_X327_E_Peotone_KARSFEST_http://www.w9az.com

But Please use the APRS standard for Frequency.  Since 2001 we have been trying to standardize the FREQUENCY field in APRS.  Both Kenwood and Yaesu now transmit this format, and both have automatic TUNE buttons for one-button tuning of any frequency in an APRS beacon.  The format is the first 10 bytes of the text.  FFF.FFFMHz...

So your text would be:

146.94 MHz_I57_X327_E_Peotone_KARSFEST_http://www.w9az.com