[aprssig] Hamfest and Local info

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 15:58:24 EDT 2010

> > > Sorry, I meant to say located away from the hamfest site.
> > > John KC5LAA

> > The sys op programs the Digi to put out an object ...
> > Steve, K9DCI

> But, for Hamfest, meeting, net and other real-time short-term
> objects, those should be entered by any APRS operator at his
> APRS client.
> Bob, WB4aPR

Yea, sorry.  Brain clogged today.
  Reading my post, I realized I could have also added:

*YOU* can put an object out with your APRS station.   I've done this with my D700.  However, it has an SSID restriction that requires splitting up the date digits when it is past the 15th.
Like this for a fest on the 23rd >>  HFEST2-3.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)