[aprssig] Net28

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 10:25:17 EDT 2010

G0JXN Jim wrote:
> Hi Guys
>

> Net28
>
> The operating parameters for the channel will be the same as that for
> Net14 and are laid out in full on www.net14.org.uk
> <http://www.net14.org.uk> on the Project Setup page. The main points
> being as follows:-
>
> 1. Frequency. 28.140 MHz SSB/LSB. This is the dial setting for KAM
> tones. For PK-232 tones (AGWPE) add 510Hz. The frequency has been
> chosen to make it easy to remember by association with the Net14.

I think you should consider expressing the frequency in question in
terms of it's USB equivalent.

    * LSB operation is almost unheard of on 10 meters (at least in North
      America).

    * All radios default to USB mode on this band. Many require multiple
      button pushes or menu levels to switch to the non-default LSB.

    * Nearly all  commercial, marine, and military-surplus SSB radios
      (that hams sometimes acquire second hand) ONLY operate on USB.

Or better yet, specify the actual RF mark/space freqs so that users with
devices that have odd tone pairs such as the TigerTronics TigerTrack
(1100/1300 Hz audio tones),   or fully variable tones (such as the MixW
soft modem on packet),   can calculate what RF freq [USB or LSB] to use.

Note further that the paid-for "Pro" version of AGWpe can use standard
KAM tones (1600/1800).

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

*** NEW ***  HF APRS Using PSK63
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm