[aprssig] SSID Standardization

Kent Hufford khufford at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jun 10 13:57:01 EDT 2010

Bob,

Since you sold me my first copy of APRS DOS in 1993 or 1994 at the
Gathersburg Ham Fest, I've been using -9 for my primary mobile. It makes it
easy to spot other mobiles. When the Kenwood D7 came out, with "issues", I
started using -7 to id it as a D7, and have been using -7 on my primary HT
ever since.

I had been using my base call sign without a SSID for my home QTH. But, with
DSTAR stripping off extensions, I changed my APRS home station to -1. -14 is
most often is a 18 wheeler, which is nice to spot.

This is a "hobby". I don't see any real(need) standardization above those
above. I don't tell others to change, unless asked for a suggestion.

Thank you Bob.

Kent
KQ4KK