[aprssig] APRS Drag Racing

Tim Cunningham tim_cunningham at charter.net
Mon Jun 7 13:46:17 EDT 2010

See what happens when you press the brake on a Prius...

The "White Zombie" will change your opinion about electric vehicles on the
drag strip. An electric vehicle rules on the drag strip as it has more
torque than its gas guzzling counterpart. It's all about the battery... Just
make sure your GPS will work over 99MPH and the beacon rate will trip at set
speed points or you will miss the event on APRS. The radio will still be
sending data at 1200 baud after it crosses the finish line. You might as
well send continuous data during the run to avoid the costly transmitter key
up delay time...

http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/segments/view/1686

73's,
Tim - N8DEU