[aprssig] APRS Operation in Spain?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Jun 1 15:20:18 EDT 2010

Greetings,

I'm going to be in Spain visiting in a few weeks and would like to bring
my APRS station with me to operate while there.  I am licensed as a
General in the United States and according to what I've found, we have a
reciprocal agreement with Spain that would allow me to operate as a
Novice there.

Can anyone tell me what rights Novices have in Spain and is it
sufficient to operate a VHF APRS stations and/or VHF simplex or
repeaters?  This will all be on 2m.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS.  I believe the standard APRS frequency in Spain is 144.800?

PPS.  I've also read that an US Extra has many more reciprocal operating
rights in Spain, but I'm really trying to avoid rushing through the
preparation to be ready for an exam this Saturday.