[aprssig] APRStt ( change the subject line )

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 09:23:29 EDT 2010

Take care.

Flash memory of any type (card, stick, in-the-chip etc) should *Never*
be used for temporary storage where there will be many write cycles.
It literaly wears out.  Use battery backed CMOS ram for that, if there
is a need to hold the data from one session to another.

Flash is fine for write few, read many (boot images etc) but not for
swapfiles etc.  That's been well known for years.  (Windows, or 'Nix)

Solid state disks use a different technology able to withstand repeated
writes for a prolonged timescale.

Regards.

Dave G0WBX